August 14, 2013

Been a while...

Have been busy past year with my new business and had little to no time to actually play poker at all. Also, became a father, so no instead of reading people have to read my little guy when he shit his pants or when he is simply hungry.

After losing quite a chunk last year, Noticed that playing and being constantly distracted doesnt really work that well for me, decided to cash most of the money and take a break from poker. After some time off from poker, got back to Carbon and made my goal to make my last $300 there to some nice bankroll, as I used to have before cashing everything out. The very first tourney won 3K gtd and had some breathing room to play bigger buy in tournaments, but still was holding off from High Roller and most of $100 buy ins...

Bankroll was going up and down, basically staying at the same level, finally won some good tournaments, final tabling in more than 50% of tourneys I played. The fields got smaller on Carbon, so only 3-5 get paid on bigger buy in tourneys. Doing pretty good, finally got BR back to a point where I can easily play few big daily tournaments and even if I would lose, I would still have enough... Cashed in couple High rollers, then won 1 and the next day took second getting my BR to 5 figures. Well the very next Sunday dropped almost 3 k, playing ALL merge tournaments. I haven't beaten by So many suckouts in one day before. But oh well, thats poker. Rebought in $500 one once, in high rollera  few  times and in $100 way to many times :). My basic rule is, unless I start playing bad, I will still re-enter the tournament. Long story short, played good, radar was on point, but simply was not able to shake the 2-3 outers, or it seemed all draws always got filled for opponents and my cards never held up. Meh. Well, I'm not here to bitch about it, but that was pretty tough day for me...

 Stopped the bleeding the very next day, when cashed in 4 tournaments... A lot of new faces on carbon, even though I have been playing there pretty much since they started, I don't know 99% of the names. It seems all old players are gone. There are a few main guys I have to deal with in all tourneys, but mainly the field is softer. It seems I can make to FT for big percentage of my tourneys I play. Only need to make it to cash more often and all will be good. The only problem now- Carbon removed player to player transfers and still are taking up to 6 weeks to cut $2500 check. its like a nighmare to your bankroll, because since you cant really cash it fast, you simply play way much looser and re enter multiple times to every tournament.

Well, I'll stick around for some time. See ya at the tables

No comments: